Friday, 1 May 2009

Here Comes The Sun: Boo / Hiss / Hooray!




The Met Office Summer Forecast 2009 predicts an antidote to the the washed out summers of 2007 and 2008. Damn and Blast!

Back in 2007 in my post No Alarms and No Surprises I mentioned my obsessive reading of such things and have posted on more than one occasion that we have a Happy When it Rains approach because a decent % of our revenue comes from a product with a rainy sales trigger.

So a long hot summer though perhaps a welcome boost for UK business (e.g. Sterling has tanked so holiday in Blighty, enjoying the sun and spending what money you spend here at British tills rather than Jonny Foreigner's) is not, generally greeted with a cheer round here!

But, consider the post below about our recent acquisition of PitRok. You won't be surprised to hear that the seasonality is counter to my business as it stood before the acquisition.

Another reason why the acquisition made sense.

So,

Though I will admit to commenting as the rain falls down, "nice weather for us!", I shall have to get used to saying "Here comes the Sun... Hooray!?"